Creamy Cowboy Shrimp & Crawfish
This recipe isn't exactly at the top of our "healthy" recipe category, but WOW is it delicious! It can be tweaked many different ways. If you don't like seafood you can replace the shrimp and crawfish with cubed chicken. It's delicious!This is one of my top 5 all time favorite recipes!
- 4 Onions Chopped
- 6 Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1 Poblano Pepper(or Jalapeno) Chopped
- 6-8 oz Butter *1.5-2 Sticks
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin dried
- 2 Tablespoons Marjoram dried
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro dried
- 2 Tablespoons Basil dried
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme dried
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning *Any Cajun Seasoning Will work!
- 1 Quart Half & Half *Or Heavy Cream
- 2 lbs Crawfish tails Meat Only
- 2 lbs Small/Cooked Salad Shrimp Meat Only
- Saute onions,bell peppers, and poblano pepper in butter.
- Add remaining seasonings, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add Half & Half, Crawfish tails, and salad shrimp. Simmer 20 minutes. Add more Half & Half if desired.
- Serve as is or on Rice or Pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!