- Large Stainless steel pot/Canner
- 4 Pint Jars
- 4 lids and bands
- 3 peppercorns per Pint Jar
- 3 Mustard Seeds per Pint Jar
- 10 stalks celery cut in half
- 2 cup white vinegar
- 2 cup water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 Stem of fresh dill per Pint Jar
- 2 Jalapenos optional for spicy celery
- In a large pot, bring white vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a rolling boil.
- Place celery, peppercorns, mustard seeds, dill stem, and Jalapeno slices in each jar. **See Note Below
- Once brine is boiling, ladle into jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Clean jar rims with white vinegar and place lids and bands until finger tight ].
- Place jars in canner with 1 inch of water covering tops of the lids.
- Bring to a rolling boil and leave with canner lid on for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, remove lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove Jars and allow them to sit until cool. Check seals and store. **See Note Below
**You can add all ingredients to your pot with your brine mixture. I like to add to each jar for the look and added flavor. It is optional though **If your jars do not seal properly, place them in the fridge within 24 hours of pulling them out of the canner and enjoy over the next week. You can reprocess the jars, just be careful because it can cause your celery stalks to not have that crunch. Make sure if you do reprocess, throw the lids away and start with new ones making sure that you re clean the rims of the jars with vinegar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!