Shrimp And Grits
This is probably the best down-home comfort food that you can make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The following recipe makes approximately 4 servings. Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- Crispy Onions For Topping
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper (adjust to you preference). Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. ***See Note Below
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well.
- In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well.
- Top with crispy onions (optional)
- Serve immediately.
***You can also use quick grits if you don’t have time to make grits like this
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!